Warrior Dash 2010
Hello! I’m not going to lie, my mystery post was definitely a segue into posting pictures for the most awesome running experience I have had in my life… so far. I am officially a warrior!
On September 23, I put a countdown on my blog and started a new running attitude.
And then challenged myself with the only preparation I could think of: interval training.
Like any intense race, attire counts, and shirts were made for the occasion. –look at those strong arms—
12 obstacles, 3.2 miles, in winter weather:
- Junkyard Jam: we ran/crawled through old junk cars
- Warrior Wall: we jumped over walls (cause a line of bruises down my legs)
- Hay Fever: climbed up/down a mountain of hay barrels
- Walked the Plank: stop running, time to balance
- Rio Run: MY FAVORITE, knee deep river of ice cold water so intense!
- Cliffhanger: EVEN BETTER, soaking wet body using solely a rope to go up a wall
- Chaotic Crossover: crawling on tangled rope, I felt like an awkward spider
- Arachnophobia: we sort of just owned those strings and worked together finding out way through
- Black Forest: the hills, oh the hills, no one warned us how ridiculous this part of the terrain was
- Cargo Climb: Almost there, we see the finish line, climb those ropes.
- Warrior Roast: UMM jump over fire? Yes!
- Muddy Mayhem: I saw lots of people get caught in the barbed wire trying to avoid the glorious mud. Embrace the mud, simply embrace.
All in 36 minutes, and top 25% of all female competitors.
Did I mention free beer? And then a giant turkey leg? A warrior fuzzy hat? And great friends that make the moment perfect?